Wednesday, 20 May 2009

Poor Roli!


Poor Roli was very lame after a collie collision on Monday, he screamed on impact after which he segregated himself from the rest of the pack and was actually keen to return to the van, not a good sign! He was taken to the vet the following morning where a strong pain killing injection was administered. The problem appeared to be in the hip region or possibly even his knee but as Roli stiffened up with fear while being examined it was hard to pin point the problem. I was advised to return him the following day for an X ray should there be no improvement, this is the last thing I wanted as Roli is now eleven and a half besides which he overheats badly and I was worried about the effects of a general anaesthetic. Good news this morning, Roli is putting the afflicted leg on the ground and gingerly walking and standing on it so it is rest and pain killers for the next few days. He will not be amused at being left behind again on our walk today.

No comments:

Post a Comment