Friday, 1 May 2009

Mixed Emotions!

It was hard to know whether to be angry or relieved on seeing the Consultant to be told that he had examined my X ray and there was NO fracture, having categorically been told last week that I had fractured one of the bones in my foot. I was greatly relieved that no bones were broken and that I could carry on as normal but angry that I had been lied to and had missed training and a couple of shows, especially this weekend when I could have gone to Shrewsbury had I not sold my camping pass. I suppose the enforced rest has helped the afflicted foot which although still somewhat sore accepts being walked and stood upon for most of the day without undue complaint! So it is another weekend at home when weather permitting I hope to get the garden into good order. I have already fenced off an area at the end of the garden for vegetables and have planted runner beans, spinach and chard, part of this area was used as a racetrack by Keets, Chart and Brigg since when they have had to re route. I am still debating whether to re seed a bare area around an apple tree which the dogs love to chase around knowing if I do it will be back to mud this time next year! The patio table is adorned with seed trays and pots containing parsley, tomato and lettuce plants which are hardening off before being planted outside. I have also sown cucumbers and green and yellow courgettes which are in the greenhouse. Brigg is always very interested when I am gardening although his efforts do not delight me, the large hole which he dug in the middle of the lawn has been filled in and re seeded....TWICE, since when he has sought pastures new to continue his excavations! He understands the word NO, but only on a temporary basis! He is also obsessed in emptying the garden refuse bag as I attempt to fill it strewing the contents over the lawn, such a little helper!!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should change Briggsi name to Alan Titchmarsh!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete