Sunday, 21 March 2010















Thank God for a spell of settled dry weather when I was actually able to get the weaves out to practise with Brigg who as I expected learned to straight line weave in a very few days. This week he jumped full height for the first time. His contacts however are very hit and miss, I suppose it does not help that he does not do each piece of equipment every week and we have missed several weeks due to various reasons, in fact it is almost a month since he last went on the A frame besides which the amount of see saws he has done can be counted on two hands, however time is on his side and I am only entering him in jumping classes when he starts competing in June. After a six month rest Kai returned to Agility in January, he was so excited he was shaking all over!

At last the first signs of a somewhat belated spring are showing in the garden as daffodils and narcissus burst into bloom. The pink petals of the camelia are emerging from their tight buds and I can see the first green leaves on the lilac tree. The mating call of the female Boobook Owl is plainly heard, unfortunately her mate is an imprinted hand reared owl who does not regard himself as an owl and as a result will have nothing to do with his partner so although they share an aviary, they refuse to recognise each other as mates which is a great shame.

2 comments:

  1. fab photos..love the one of chart and brigg playing!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto to Sue's comments and as far as training Brigg is concerned he's got a great handler to show him the way, I'm sure it won't be long before the two of you are getting it together. Ann xx

    ReplyDelete