On arriving at our usual car park a few days ago I noted a great pile of wood dumped in one corner, obviously someone had taken down a tree or two and rather then pay to deposit it at the tip, had left it for the council to clear. I was delighted, several pieces of tree trunk around 2 ft tall and lovely long branches which were just perfect for the birds. It took me a little while to heave it all into the van over a two day period. Thanks to some rain plus other events which clouded the ensuing days the pile languished in the drive. Yesterday I found time at last to change over some of the aviary branches and it was time to get out the chainsaw for some serious logging. This was fairly time consuming as a chainsaw is a very vicious weapon and one needs to take great care in strapping the branches and trunks to the workbench to ensure they do not move when sawing. By the time I finished it was starting to get dark and I still had to clear up the drive which resembled a sawmill but I had a great pile of logs. I still have more wood to saw and hope to complete the task later in the week. The dogs registered their disapproval at being shut inside for the afternoon and that their meal was late!
These past three days have been very long thanks to the clocks being changed as I still wake at my normal time so get up an hour earlier and go to bed an hour later! I expect my body will adjust itself in time!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment