




I was a little apprehensive when asked if I would have Alice for a couple of days while her owner went to Wales for the funeral of her 104 year old aunt, however I need not have worried, she fitted in like a well worn glove! My boys have often walked with her and Alice and Brigg are great friends. Having picked Alice up I took the dogs for a 2 hour walk before returning home, my boys accepted her without any problem and Alice lost no time in making herself at home deciding that the armchair was preferable to her bed,this was not encouraged!
It beats me why dogs choose to play under the lowest object in the room, Brigg and Alice chose to play beneath the coffee table until won out Alice decided to use her bed.....she is a fast learner!!! I decided against shutting Alice in the kitchen overnight so put her bed next to Brigg's crate in the conservatory, she came to my bedroom door and put a foot over the threshold to be told to go to bed, so she did, however she chose to sleep on the futon rather than in her own bed! The night passed peacefully with not a squeak from Alice (nor Kai for a change) until I got up.
Alice loves to go into the river, her chief joy is to make wavelets by splashing the water with her front paws while trying to catch the spray in her mouth,she can keep this up for long periods of time and of course being a typical collie she adores balls.
I was almost sorry when it was time to take her home, she is such a sweet little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment