Friday, 15 October 2010

Revenge!

Yesterday at one point along our usual route Chart was suddenly extremely agitated, head shaking and spinning in circles, eventually he calmed down and upon examination nothing was to be found. The same thing happened today but to a much lesser degree so I went over to where he had been investigating to find a very active wasps nest in the ground. Finding a suitable rock I wedged it in the entrance to block their passage, perhaps not the best course of action as the little bastards who had already escaped became extremely angry and before I knew it I had several attached to my fleece jacket and another one buzzing around my head! One determined wasp managed to sting me through the sleeve of my fleece and as a result I have a very red painful swollen arm! The one whizzing around my head continued its assault for some 500 yards until I managed to shake him off. I was obliged to remove my fleece so as to brush off several irate insects!

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear! You are brave! Luckily you weren't badly sting by these nasty buggers! Be careful, you can never challenge them!!

    ReplyDelete