Wednesday, 8 September 2010

Prestbury Park











This was my first trip to Prestbury Park a really beautiful venue just outside Cirencester. Once again we were only permitted to have 2 dogs off lead at a time so again I walked in 2 relays of three dogs alternating the one on lead with the others so they all had free running time. The woodland walk we were permitted to use was lovely, the way was marked with red ribbons tied to branches so even I could not get lost! It was a shame that in such a vast area there were so many restrictions as to where we could or could not walk but nevertheless it is such a lovely place.
Sue had her first run early on Saturday morning and returned beaming as Hooch had gone clear in his agility, not only that but some time afterwards she found out they had won the class to win into Grade 6! Such an unusual trophy too, an engraved hand blown glass vase made by Bath Aqua Blue, hence the beautiful colour. Brigg too did well by coming 6th in a difficult agility class and much to my surprise Master Chart not to be outdone was placed 10th in jumping. There were four simultaneous events during the weekend including Flyball. After we had completed our runs Breda and I went over to watch the Polo competition, the horses go at a terrific speed I am surprised that there are not more injuries, an exciting game but one for the wealthy! As the rain started dripping around 6 pm we celebrated Sue's success by drinking a bottle of champagne she had been keeping in her caravan for such an event. Unlike other people I never buy meals from the caterers on site but was tempted as they were cooking fish, chips and mushy peas for £5. 00 and had a truly excellent supper and as the chip portion was huge the dogs enjoyed their share too! I was unimpressed by the distant disco the drums which pounded relentlessly on until 3.30am!
Sunday and rain, that nasty fine rain that quickly soaks you through, at least it cleared as the morning wore on. I was surprised when after running a very difficult combined grade 3 to 5 course with Keets, someone said well done as I finished as I did not think I had gone clear, I was even more surprised to hear my name called during the presentation to find Keets had 15th place! There were even more surprises in store as Chart actually got all his contacts to come 5th in Agility and after a quarrel with him on the start line as he refused to wait, he flew round the jumping course to gain 3rd place and his first ever trophy!! Brigg did not fare so well, the odd pole down and one or two contacts I was far from happy with so I re did them and he was eliminated. Brigg has gone up a couple of gears in speed over the jumps and is seriously quick now so I have to think fast to steer him in the right direction!

1 comment:

  1. wow...i never heard the disco!! fab show and love the photo of your dogs in your caravan it looks like a tardis! hee hee yes not even u could get lost through the woods following the red ribbons! lol will def b going there again next year...and hopefully have sunshine all weekend!

    ReplyDelete