


Already it seems light years since I re visited my home county yet it was only some 10 days ago! The drive down was over 5 hours thanks to the M18 being closed at the very junctions I required so I had to take the long cross country route. The showground at Winterton had but 5 rings and the camping was arranged around them although this show was so popular that an additional field had to be pressed into use. The exercise area was adequate but you were only allowed 2 dogs off lead at a time in this area, this did not bother me especially as there was a small nature reserve literally five minutes down the road, I walked the dogs in two batches, as there was only a very narrow pavement I chose not to lead walk all 6 to the woods, despite the mainly quiet country road the natives were inclined to drive like maniacs!! I took Tambi and Roli together when we either went into the woods or stayed on site playing frisbee which they loved especially as there were no youngsters to monopolise the toy! I took the others to the woods and the fields beyond where there was an excellent view of the distant Humber Bridge and they could all run free. The weather alternated between gale force winds when it was really cold, the odd splatter of rain and warm sunshine, after a sharp shower there was an incredible complete arc of a rainbow, we even had a ground frost one night when the woman opposite me awoke to find her gas bottle had frozen!
Brigg was born just down the road from the venue and we met a several of his relatives including his breeder who was able to see him run and compete for the first time. I was interested to read what she put on the Borderstorm website about him .................... quote............
I saw Brigg working for the first time – what a smooth operator he is!! He’s a big dog, but very quick and light on his feet, and he weaves like a bullet!
Although this was a small show ring wise it was well attended and the classes were huge with 170 in the grade 3 classes alone. We had a good variety of courses, some comparatively simple and flowing while others were downright difficult. We had our allocation of 5 faults and Elimination's but good results too with Keets and Kai getting clear rounds, Tambi enjoyed himself enormously in his daily Veterans Run and Brigg earned his first trophies by coming 2nd and 3rd in Grade 3 Jumping. Chart was ............just Chart!!!! There were finals to watch every night and great comeradie around the ring, it was so nice to be back amongst the Northern crowd and had it not been for my family, I would seriously consider returning to my roots.
Before returning to Surrey I drove through Cleethorpes and Grimsby where even in the space of a couple of years the town has deteriorated considerably, mind you half the time I did not know where I was and it was only by looking at my Satnav I saw the familiar street names!
Brigg was born just down the road from the venue and we met a several of his relatives including his breeder who was able to see him run and compete for the first time. I was interested to read what she put on the Borderstorm website about him .................... quote............
I saw Brigg working for the first time – what a smooth operator he is!! He’s a big dog, but very quick and light on his feet, and he weaves like a bullet!
Although this was a small show ring wise it was well attended and the classes were huge with 170 in the grade 3 classes alone. We had a good variety of courses, some comparatively simple and flowing while others were downright difficult. We had our allocation of 5 faults and Elimination's but good results too with Keets and Kai getting clear rounds, Tambi enjoyed himself enormously in his daily Veterans Run and Brigg earned his first trophies by coming 2nd and 3rd in Grade 3 Jumping. Chart was ............just Chart!!!! There were finals to watch every night and great comeradie around the ring, it was so nice to be back amongst the Northern crowd and had it not been for my family, I would seriously consider returning to my roots.
Before returning to Surrey I drove through Cleethorpes and Grimsby where even in the space of a couple of years the town has deteriorated considerably, mind you half the time I did not know where I was and it was only by looking at my Satnav I saw the familiar street names!
Lovely photo of rainbow...also look whose in the front smiling away enjoying his photo being taken! lol
ReplyDelete