- What a lovely weekend, perfect weather even if it was on the hot side, good company and beautiful countryside for walking. The dogs used their new Swamp Jacket for the first time which made it so much more comfortable for them when queuing for their runs in the heat. It was so nice to be able to sit outside until bed time, in marked contrast to last weekend at Axtane when everyone was bundled up in fleeces it was so cold. Kai took a real fancy to Linda as seen in the photograph!
- Having managed to notch up a fair few elimination's during the past few shows thanks to either pilot error or a total disregard of anything which resembled a contact, Chart surpassed himself at Lansdown by being placed on two consecutive days in the jumping classes. Last weekend at Axtane he even managed to go clear in Agility to gain 10th place which was very unexpected but a big thrill! Keeto returned to Agility after almost 3 weeks off having had 3 stitches in his pad thanks to broken glass in the Mead's car park, the pad has healed really well and despite getting the all clear from the vet I only ran him in the jumping classes when he did two lovely clear rounds. Brigg is thoroughly enjoying participating in the shows although to date I have only run him in a single jumping class each day. I was so pleased with him this weekend when he did everything I asked of him just popping out of the weaves in one run and thanks to my rushing him , he missed the weave entry in his other run I could have kicked myself!!! Kai has decided that now he is verging on being a senior citizen contacts are immaterial especially the see saw, nevertheless he thoroughly enjoyed his runs. He will be 10 in November and now is not the time to nag him over contacts at shows, (although I will at training), he has had a great agility career and done really well so I just want us both to have fun and enjoy whatever time he has left in Grade 6.
Monday, 28 June 2010
Lansdown
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment