Sunday, 6 June 2010

Brigg's First Show




We do very few UKA Shows but as Brigg had just turned 18 months this was an ideal introduction for his first show. Tuesday dawned overcast with the threat of rain when were bound for Mapledurham and the Quad Paws Show. As I wanted to avoid travelling through Reading during the rush hour I went the scenic route following my satnav down narrow country roads and at one point meeting a traction engine which meant my reversing some 50 yards to the nearest passing point, thank God I was not towing my caravan!! I arrived in good time to walk my classes in the rain which continued on and off for most of the day. This was only a small show which was ideal for Brigg's debut. I must admit the day was fraught as the class numbers were small the classes went through fast and at one point I found I had to take Brigg from one ring to another for three consecutive runs which is a bit much for a young lad, however he did really well. I ran Brigg NFC in Agility when he did a lovely round getting all his contacts after which I played with him, Chart also went NFC, he launched himself off the contacts as usual only to be made to repeat them which was something of a shock to him!! Kai came 4th in Senior Agility despite faults having left the see saw in style! Keets came 4th in Beginners jumping with Brigg a hundredth of a second behind him, having completed a lovely clear round Brigg came 4th in the Beginners Steeplechase.
Saturday and again we were bound for Mapledurham this time travelling through Reading. Such a contrast in the weather, it was already hot and humid by the time I arrived and I was glad to change into my shorts. Again classes were small and I was constantly walking back and forth changing dogs. Kai came 2nd in jumping and Keets also 2nd in Agility giving him the required points to at last move up into the Novice category, he just failed to qualify for the CSJ Final as they took the top 3 dogs in Maxi height and he came 4th! Brigg was a very good boy again just knocking a pole in two of his runs however he stormed home to take 4th place in the Beginners Steeplechase this time beating Keets by a second! Chart was just out of the places in the jumping but he did at least go clear which was encouraging especially after some traumatic rounds previously!! Thames next weekend and Brigg's first KC Show. Quite often one finds that the dog one trains is not the same dog when in the show ring, this is very true with Chart and Kai, however Brigg in the ring behaved just the same as in training, such a good honest boy, I am very thrilled with him! I ended the day by offering to judge the POTD Pairs which was great fun.


1 comment:

  1. Fab photo of Brigg...well done for all your runs...cant wait to see how you get on at Thames!

    Cant believe you had time to judge as well!! SuperJane!

    xx

    ReplyDelete