

Saturday dawned damp and bitterly cold at least I only had two courses to walk early which made a welcome change. Drizzle and light rain continued on and off for most of the day making the ground slippery, several people fell, happily I was not one of them, which makes a change.!! This was not the best of days, all Keets runs resulted in 5 faults but he worked so well, Kai was eliminated in both his runs courtesy of me, I was especially disappointed when he leaped off every single contact in his agility round which is something he has not done in ages. After a disastrous start in his Agility when Chart sailed over the first jump and was half way up the dog walk leaving me standing at the start line things went from bad to worse, I completely lost the plot and wished the ground would open up and swallow me! Chart redeemed himself by going clear in the jumping, the only clear round of the day! Roli, Tambi and Brigg had to be content with frequent walks around the showground. It is always a joy to be able to exercise the dogs in the cross country area at Ardingly, there were several new jumps, one resembled a carrot complete with green foliage at one end and there were several carved in the shape of strange animals. One could smell the bluebells in the woods before you could see them, they were stunning.
Sunday and another freezing day but at least I slept well in my sleeping bag overlaid with several fleece throws. Despite putting my fridge on its lowest setting my milk was frozen sold, just as well I drink black coffee! I was surprised to awake feeling very congested and with itchy eyes, hay fever already and it was not even warm! Again I only had 2 courses to walk and having spent an hour shivering waiting to replace fallen poles I was glad to be relieved. Keets just clipped the long jump in his first jumping class but Chart again refused to wait on the start only to be brought back for an immediate elimination after this he did wait and then went on to get a clear round which of course did not count! Keets managed 2 clear rounds during the afternoon, I was especially delighted with his agility, he could not have gone faster or better. Kai also went clear in his agility which was gratifying, I was especially pleased that he did not attempt to fly the see saw, one of his favourite things!!
I would dearly love another caravan as I am finding the erection of the back wall on my folding caravan tough,having pulled the front wall up I actually support the entire roof on my head until I am able to grasp the handle on the rear wall to heave it into position! At present a replacement is not a viable option as all the conventional small caravans are too wide to go through my gate. At least there are always people around at shows should I need a helping hand but it is when I am alone at home it could be difficult. At least I can manage at present....just!
Sunday and another freezing day but at least I slept well in my sleeping bag overlaid with several fleece throws. Despite putting my fridge on its lowest setting my milk was frozen sold, just as well I drink black coffee! I was surprised to awake feeling very congested and with itchy eyes, hay fever already and it was not even warm! Again I only had 2 courses to walk and having spent an hour shivering waiting to replace fallen poles I was glad to be relieved. Keets just clipped the long jump in his first jumping class but Chart again refused to wait on the start only to be brought back for an immediate elimination after this he did wait and then went on to get a clear round which of course did not count! Keets managed 2 clear rounds during the afternoon, I was especially delighted with his agility, he could not have gone faster or better. Kai also went clear in his agility which was gratifying, I was especially pleased that he did not attempt to fly the see saw, one of his favourite things!!
I would dearly love another caravan as I am finding the erection of the back wall on my folding caravan tough,having pulled the front wall up I actually support the entire roof on my head until I am able to grasp the handle on the rear wall to heave it into position! At present a replacement is not a viable option as all the conventional small caravans are too wide to go through my gate. At least there are always people around at shows should I need a helping hand but it is when I am alone at home it could be difficult. At least I can manage at present....just!
gr8 photos...think Chart is competing with the log for who has the best smile!! lol
ReplyDelete