

This was my first time at Dashin Dogs and I was struck by the beautiful scenery which surrounded the venue. The show had already been in progress for some 3 days so arriving late I was pitched on the edge of the camping area with an unrestricted view of fields and hills. By comparison to Suffolk's well mown grass the ground was rough and the water came not from taps but from large bowsers, it tasted foul but I'm sure it was healthy enough, at least no one seemed to suffer! One other downside was that only 2 dogs per handler were allowed off lead in the exercise area, this did not bother me and I walked the dogs in 2 lots which meant doubling the amount of exercise I took but much better that way than having 4 chaffing on leads at a time.
Happily the day after I arrived was a free day when I explored the immediate area and visited the village of Tattenhall to stock up food for myself and the dogs. The local butcher was really good and let me have a huge chicken cheap which he chopped up and it fed all 6 dogs that night. Once again we got lots of clear rounds plus Kai's 13th place in jumping and even more pleasing was Keets 9th place in the combined grades 4 to 5 Agility.
The Laser Pairs Final was held on Tuesday evening after the day's competition had ended which meant a huge audience surrounded the ring. We were all given embroidered T shirts to wear. In the first round Breda and myself had a double clear as did our opposing pair who sadly were faster so they went through to the next round.
The weather was not too kind on one day when we were on the edge of a hurricane which passed by as it left America. Incredibly dramatic skies and strong gale force winds with some heavy rain, nevertheless the show went on but for safety reasons all the Dog Walks and See Saws were removed from the rings.
Happily the day after I arrived was a free day when I explored the immediate area and visited the village of Tattenhall to stock up food for myself and the dogs. The local butcher was really good and let me have a huge chicken cheap which he chopped up and it fed all 6 dogs that night. Once again we got lots of clear rounds plus Kai's 13th place in jumping and even more pleasing was Keets 9th place in the combined grades 4 to 5 Agility.
The Laser Pairs Final was held on Tuesday evening after the day's competition had ended which meant a huge audience surrounded the ring. We were all given embroidered T shirts to wear. In the first round Breda and myself had a double clear as did our opposing pair who sadly were faster so they went through to the next round.
The weather was not too kind on one day when we were on the edge of a hurricane which passed by as it left America. Incredibly dramatic skies and strong gale force winds with some heavy rain, nevertheless the show went on but for safety reasons all the Dog Walks and See Saws were removed from the rings.
well done on your placings Jane. love that first photo. xx
ReplyDelete