Wednesday, 24 June 2009

Thames


I arrived at the showground shortly after the official time of arrival to find a great many caravans already sited and a veritable army of stakes denoting saved pitches, in fact it was impossible to find a single pitch in the area I usually camp, I did eventually find a couple of vacant pitches for Sara and myself.
This was a huge show with 14 rings all of which were in action all day long and needless to say there was a considerable amount of walking involved. For once the weather was good, warm, actually too warm but must not grumble! Saturday was a very long day when having walked the dogs before 7 am I was solidly on my feet until 6.30 that evening when I had my final run, other classes went on until well past 7 o'clock. For the first time Chart ran with his mini pairs partner Hooch, they both came unstuck in the weaves but apart from that did really well. Kai and Keets did nice clear rounds in agility, Keeto getting an unexpected 17th place. Chart was just plain naughty, refusing to wait at the start in the jumping despite being put back, so I removed him from the ring without him doing the course, in agility he did a spectacular leap from the A frame and once I had checked with the judge, he was put back on the contact and removed from the ring, he was still grinning at me, he is such a happy boy despite his being in the words of my trainer, a little sh--! As the evening approached my Hay Fever worsened, I reallty don't understand why it is always bad at night which makes sleeping even more difficult than usual.
Sunday and another glorious morning dawned. This was a more relaxed day for me as I was not on ring party and had no early runs . I thoroughly enjoyed the grade 6/7 courses especially the agility although I was eliminated in the jumping through taking a calculated risk, still nothing venture, nothing gain! Keets jumping run was a disappointment as he was in 'velcro' mode and would not work away constantly looking at me to check whereas in the Combined 3 to 5 Agility he did a really nice run to come 22nd which was very pleasing. Chart continued to use the A frame as a diving board but actually behaved, waited and went clear in the jumping. Poor Roli had to be retired from his Allsorts class a third of the way round, his mind was more than willing but he was obviously not quite ready to start jumping after his accident, he was still very happy to receive a packet of chomping sticks given to all competing dogs in the class. Tambi however screamed his way round the Veterans course and apart from the 3 tunnels where we had our usual argument as to whether he was or was not going in (I won) he was clear.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to Chart for a very fun relaxed pairs partner...little Hoochie had fun x

    ReplyDelete