Thursday, 25 June 2009




Once again, camping was decidedly snug, we were pitched in rows with no space in-between our gardens which was not a problem until it was time to pack up. As usual, once we had set up Breda and I walked the dogs and set off round the vast showground where stallholders were busily preparing their trade stands. We agreed that the show was not as large as usual but there was still more than enough to see.
Friday and Saturday dawned cloudy with a really cold wind, the dogs worked well and earned several clear rounds and places. Chart actually got all his contacts in one class, I was so astounded that I forgot a 'pull through' and spoiled what would have been a very nice clear round! Once we had completed our runs Breda and I set out to do some window shopping and to try out free samples in the food hall. Jokingly we asked one of the butchers on a meat stall if he had any bones for the dogs, amazingly he bagged up racks of lamb ribs covered with meat for no charge. I might add return visits were made and I was able to fill my caravan fridge! On Saturday evening 10 of us sat round our combined tables which we had set out in the grassy roadway in-between our caravans for a barbecue. Breda's gas barbecue posed something of a problem in trying to get the warming rack fixed, it took several tries with most people having a go until a solution was discovered! Once again it seemed that I was in charge of the 3 barbecues cooking belly pork, venison and bison sausages, steak and lamb chops, and me being the only vegetarian!!!! Unusually there was no classical concert on the Friday night but the 60's pop group Marmalade performed on Saturday when only one of our group was interested enough to go!
Sunday arrived all too soon, during the lunch hour I visited some of the trade stands again and came away with 6 kilo bags of organic malted granary bread flour plus a mini orchid and a rose bush and not forgetting my furry friends, 50 cigar shaped rawhide chews. I was hitched and ready to go before my last run and as I was anxious to be away I messed up Keets run, but no matter, we had thoroughly enjoyed what is one of my favourite shows of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment