This week it was time for Brigg to meet Hovis out on a ride. I was extremely apprehensive having all 6 dogs with me and put Brigg, Keets, Tambi and Chart on lead leaving Roli and Kai free as I was confident that they would be OK. Sara kept Hovis standing while we walked past and stood beside the horse when all behaved well, the next move was for us to stand while Sara walked Hovis up and down, once this was achieved without a problem I gradually let them off lead one by one and we walked for some 45 minutes back through the common to the stables with the horse. This was huge progress, there was a little sniffing around Hovis's hocks at first but all went so smoothly that you would have thought this was a regular occurrence. draft
Saturday, 26 March 2011
Horse Therapy
This week it was time for Brigg to meet Hovis out on a ride. I was extremely apprehensive having all 6 dogs with me and put Brigg, Keets, Tambi and Chart on lead leaving Roli and Kai free as I was confident that they would be OK. Sara kept Hovis standing while we walked past and stood beside the horse when all behaved well, the next move was for us to stand while Sara walked Hovis up and down, once this was achieved without a problem I gradually let them off lead one by one and we walked for some 45 minutes back through the common to the stables with the horse. This was huge progress, there was a little sniffing around Hovis's hocks at first but all went so smoothly that you would have thought this was a regular occurrence. draft
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment