
The weekend was good. Sue and I arrived almost together around noon, as we had pre allocated pitches it was just a matter of finding our numbered peg and parking with the tow bar on the peg. I much prefer this form of arrangement as it stops people saving countless spaces and bagging the best spots. This was a huge equestrian complex the like of which I have not previously encountered with a massive indoor arena, countless stable blocks and acres of fields, I was told that it was owned by a well known show jumping family, obviously money was no object there! Most of the competitors were from the North and North East, it was good to hear the familiar Lincolnshire accent mixed in with Yorkshire, East Anglian, Geordie and Scots. There was only one other Southerner whom we knew, Sally who also trains at Pachesham who was camped in the row behind us.
Friday and the first day of competition, with eleven runs a day I was kept well occupied. The show was well run my only complaint being the length of the queues but this was down to the callers who in most cases accepted anyone instead of only calling to a set number thus keeping the queue to a maximum of 10 or so handlers, this was something of a pain, also it was difficult to hear the tannoy from the camping area but as it is the first time this show has been held at this particular venue I'm sure this will be corrected another time. The classes were smaller than usual but competition was still fierce. Keets had a couple of clear rounds and Brigg stormed home in the jumping to take 5th place less than a second behind the winner. As I managed to beat Chart to the A frame which meant he actually got it for once, he came 5th in the agility! Poor Sue finished up with Elimination's in all her four runs so was not happy!
Saturday and considerably larger classes, this was not a good day for me as apart from Kai's clear round it was a day of either 5 faults or elimination's. Sue was becoming somewhat disgruntled having had two more elimination's when on his final run of the day Hoochie went clear to win the jumping class, his 3rd jumping win which puts him into Grade 5 . The exercise area consisted of two fields but most people did not realise there was a second field so we more or less had it to ourselves, there was a large deep dank pond in the middle which was a great attraction for the dogs, I lost 2 Frisbee's on the first day as they sank into its murky depths! As it was a fine evening the three of us met up in my garden for a celebratory barbecue.
Sunday, our last day and my best day. Keets had a really nice clear round to just miss out yet again on a place, I ruined our chance of a great agility round by sending Keets into the tunnel to cut across to the dog walk when bless him, he followed me without going up the dog walk to earn 5 faults, however Chart and Brigg both did lovely jumping rounds and ended up with Chart 5th and Brigg 4th, to crown his achievements Brigg went clear in his agility to get another 4th place. I felt sorry for Kai who did not get his first run until 4.30 pm and I stayed on so he got his final run an hour later, however I missed a 'pull through' to get eliminated in an otherwise flawless fast round, still at least I did not have to wait for the presentation and was able to get straight into my van which was ready for departure and the long tedious journey home!
Friday and the first day of competition, with eleven runs a day I was kept well occupied. The show was well run my only complaint being the length of the queues but this was down to the callers who in most cases accepted anyone instead of only calling to a set number thus keeping the queue to a maximum of 10 or so handlers, this was something of a pain, also it was difficult to hear the tannoy from the camping area but as it is the first time this show has been held at this particular venue I'm sure this will be corrected another time. The classes were smaller than usual but competition was still fierce. Keets had a couple of clear rounds and Brigg stormed home in the jumping to take 5th place less than a second behind the winner. As I managed to beat Chart to the A frame which meant he actually got it for once, he came 5th in the agility! Poor Sue finished up with Elimination's in all her four runs so was not happy!
Saturday and considerably larger classes, this was not a good day for me as apart from Kai's clear round it was a day of either 5 faults or elimination's. Sue was becoming somewhat disgruntled having had two more elimination's when on his final run of the day Hoochie went clear to win the jumping class, his 3rd jumping win which puts him into Grade 5 . The exercise area consisted of two fields but most people did not realise there was a second field so we more or less had it to ourselves, there was a large deep dank pond in the middle which was a great attraction for the dogs, I lost 2 Frisbee's on the first day as they sank into its murky depths! As it was a fine evening the three of us met up in my garden for a celebratory barbecue.
Sunday, our last day and my best day. Keets had a really nice clear round to just miss out yet again on a place, I ruined our chance of a great agility round by sending Keets into the tunnel to cut across to the dog walk when bless him, he followed me without going up the dog walk to earn 5 faults, however Chart and Brigg both did lovely jumping rounds and ended up with Chart 5th and Brigg 4th, to crown his achievements Brigg went clear in his agility to get another 4th place. I felt sorry for Kai who did not get his first run until 4.30 pm and I stayed on so he got his final run an hour later, however I missed a 'pull through' to get eliminated in an otherwise flawless fast round, still at least I did not have to wait for the presentation and was able to get straight into my van which was ready for departure and the long tedious journey home!
mmm think u could have found a better piccie!!! lol
ReplyDeletewell done at Dog Vegas lets hope DINAS brings us more triumph!
x