

Sue, Breda and I arrived at Lansdown within 5 minutes of each other and found pitches beside the racetrack which was the exercise area and our preferred place. We were fortunate to escape the torrential rain which others encountered on the journey, as it was we had but a few drops. Once we had set up Sue and I set out for Round Hill a favourite walk with wonderful scenic views stretching from Bath to distant Bristol, on a clear day you can see the Suspension Bridge and the Severn estuary. I had the misfortune to step on a thorn shortly after we set out and although I thought I had managed to remove it from my heel it was decidedly painful walking so I managed by using only on the toe of the affected foot, it was a very long walk but I managed, I would have coped even better had I found out that there was nothing the matter with my heel and the problem was caused by a large splinter piercing the heel of my Crocks, hence my discomfort! This was swiftly removed and I made a mental note not to use Crocks for walking in future!
Saturday and a fine sunny morning, within an hour a thick mist descended enveloping the surrounding countryside this lifted after a very short while to reveal the sun and a very warm day. As everyone was restricted to just 2 runs per dog each day this was a very relaxed show for me which made a pleasant change. Once again Roli struggled to jump 35cm and I realised sad as it is that unless he is permitted to jump 25cm he must be retired from competing. He does so enjoy his runs but it is a case of the mind being willing and the body not responding! He actually still jumps full height no matter how low the poles but takes off from several feet before the jump so crashes down on the poles and I am afraid he will hurt himself. Tambi continues to scream his way around the courses with obvious enjoyment and clear rounds too! Once again I made mistakes with Kai so no clears or places there but Chart was a good boy actually getting 2 out of 3 contacts in agility which is an improvement, but the only one to go clear was Keeto. Once I had completed all my runs it was time to set out for a walk my feet being sensibly equipped this time!
Sunday and after another humid hot night another fine warm day emerged. This was a better day with both Chart and Keeto going clear, Keets getting 10th place in the jumping which was pleasing. Sue and Sara fared better with their 'small' dogs Sara winning the jumping and Sue taking 2nd place in another class. I watched both Hoochie and Lolly run and they were amazing! I completed my last run around 4 o'clock and once I had hitched up was away to have a good journey home managing to avoid the delays on the M4 thanks to warning signs by coming off before the affected junctions
Saturday and a fine sunny morning, within an hour a thick mist descended enveloping the surrounding countryside this lifted after a very short while to reveal the sun and a very warm day. As everyone was restricted to just 2 runs per dog each day this was a very relaxed show for me which made a pleasant change. Once again Roli struggled to jump 35cm and I realised sad as it is that unless he is permitted to jump 25cm he must be retired from competing. He does so enjoy his runs but it is a case of the mind being willing and the body not responding! He actually still jumps full height no matter how low the poles but takes off from several feet before the jump so crashes down on the poles and I am afraid he will hurt himself. Tambi continues to scream his way around the courses with obvious enjoyment and clear rounds too! Once again I made mistakes with Kai so no clears or places there but Chart was a good boy actually getting 2 out of 3 contacts in agility which is an improvement, but the only one to go clear was Keeto. Once I had completed all my runs it was time to set out for a walk my feet being sensibly equipped this time!
Sunday and after another humid hot night another fine warm day emerged. This was a better day with both Chart and Keeto going clear, Keets getting 10th place in the jumping which was pleasing. Sue and Sara fared better with their 'small' dogs Sara winning the jumping and Sue taking 2nd place in another class. I watched both Hoochie and Lolly run and they were amazing! I completed my last run around 4 o'clock and once I had hitched up was away to have a good journey home managing to avoid the delays on the M4 thanks to warning signs by coming off before the affected junctions
I hate crocks. Hugely overrated things.
ReplyDeleteBut Round Hill sounds nice :) :)
Hx